“AS YOUR STATE SENATOR I WILL ABIDE BY MY OATH TO UPHOLD, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AND MASSACHUSETTS. I WILL NEVER SUPPORT LEGISLATION THAT TAKES ANY OF YOUR RIGHTS AWAY” Cecilia Calabrese
BETTER ELDERLY SUPPORT
- Crime rose 24.8% last year and arrests were down 20.3%. Crimes against the elderly continue to rise
- We need better overall legal protection for our seniors
- Better investigation and prosecution of criminals who prey upon our elderly through contractor scams, telemarketing, and financial fraud
- No senior should ever lose their home for non-payment of real estate taxes, there are creative ways to fix this
- The increased costs associated with elderly care and assisted services must be reined in. Families are being financially decimated
BETTER VETERAN SUPPORT
- Treat our Veterans with the respect they deserve
- Never again should our Veteran’s Health Care be at the mercy and whims of a Political Appointee
- Full Accountability for the Soldier’s Home Negligence
- Continuing investment in Physical, Mental health services and Suicide Prevention programs
PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
- Oppose Medical Mandates. Your physical autonomy must NEVER be under the control of the State.
- Support Parental Rights and transparency in the classroom curriculum
- Protect Parental Rights to make “Health and Educational Decisions” for their own Children
- Defend and protect every single constitutional right, no exceptions
PROTECTING THE TAXPAYER
- Fight for more “Local Aid” to keep real estate taxes lower
- Fight against regressive tax schemes
- Oppose increased taxes, increasing fees for State Government Services
- Fiscal Responsibility: State Government must get their spending addiction under control
CHAMPION SMALL BUSINESS CAUSES
- I will be a strong voice for our Small Businesses
- Will work for an affordable and sustainable economy
- Ensure any new state legislation does not give an unfair advantage to large, multinational corporations over our local, small businesses.
TRANSPARENCY IN GOVERNMENT
- Promote Transparency at the State House
- Demand Roll Call Votes
- No Legislation should ever be passed under the “Cloak of Darkness” again
FIGHT FOR ELECTION INTEGRITY
- Democracy is dependent on all people trusting their elections and results.
- Support all efforts to ensure Voting Integrity such as requiring Voter ID
- Elimination of drop-box voting, harvesting ballots and mailing unsolicited ballots to every address.
TECH AND TRADES EDUCATION SUPPORT
- Support Tech education and Vocational Education type programs.
- Support “Trades” and “Trades-Mentoring” programs, understanding that a traditional four-year college education may not be the appropriate pathway to success for everyone
- Support Workforce Education programs
SUPPORT FOR LAW AND ORDER, AND THOSE WHO WORK IN PUBLIC SAFETY FIELDS
- Support appropriate funding for Police, Fire, Ambulance and DPW workers
- Oppose any radical efforts to “Defund the Police”
- Support training and equipment so they are safe and effective doing their jobs
- Support Health and Mental Wellness programs
FIGHT THE OPIOID EPIDEMIC & THE POLITICIANS WHO ARE SPENDING THE VICTIM’S MONEY
- Out of $525+ million received by MA, not a single penny will be provided to the actual victims of the Opioid Epidemic
- Not a single victim or their family will be reimbursed for funeral expenses, medical costs and treatment expenses incurred from any of the funds received
- We must stop elected officials from using these settlement funds for their personal pet projects and as rewards for political support
- After a trust fund is established for the actual victims, any excess funds should be awarded to those entities which have a proven record of accomplishment in stopping and preventing future addiction.